GOG Scholarship Award for Exxcellence in Clinical Research
Limited Number of Scholarships Available - Apply Now!
Through a generous donation by Drs. Philip J. DiSaia and Larry J. Copeland on behalf of the GOG Foundation, we are pleased to announce the GOG Scholarship for Exxcellence in Clinical Research.
The purpose of the establishment of this scholarship is to:
- provide recognition for outstanding fellows and/or early career physicians (within 2 years of fellowship graduation) in gynecologic oncology;
- grant full tuition for the 6 day course ($2300 value) to attend the highly reputed and successful Exxcellence in Clinical Research Course; (Scholarship recipients (or their Departments) are responsible for their own air and ground transportation, and lodging costs. Lodging is single occupancy only and is estimated to be approximately $1,500)
- identify and mentor exceptional clinical researchers in the early stages of their career to promote the advancement of women's cancer care.
- Applicants must be a fellow in an ABOG approved gynecologic oncology fellowship, or must have graduated from such a fellowship program within 2 years of application
- Application should include:
- Name, address, phone number and Curriculum Vitae.
- Letter from applicant stating why they wish to attend and what they will do with the information gained.
- Letter from Chair or Division Chief pledging to support the Scholarship winner with necessary time and financial support needed beyond the scholarship.
- Email application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must be able to attend an Exxcellence in Clinical Research Course within 12 months of receiving award. Click here to view course dates.
- Application deadline is March 1, 2016.
Back to All Articles
Selections to this esteemed Scholarship will be based on academic achievement to date, as well as the individual's potential to contribute to the care of women with cancer. There are limited scholarships available.
These world-renowned courses in research methods and evidence-based medicine are taught by the engaging expert team of Drs. David Grimes and Kenneth Schulz.
The success of this program is due, in great part, to your advocacy and promotion. Please spread the word and post this information on the appropriate site in your organization.